Skip to main content

Joys of eBay

I recently purchased a Mini GPS recorder from eBay on the advice of some friends that it would make geo-tagging my photos easier. This I do not doubt but the problem is, is it does not work. The item purchased is a photoMate mini GPS Recorder 887 Lite.



It was pretty much DOA. It does not save any data when it is tracking.

To rectify this situation I must now send it back to Taiwan, and await the seller to send it back to the manufacturer, then receive the verdict. I am quite sure it is broken as I also had a friend who has the exact same device test it out for me, and it failed.

To add to the hurt the seller (navi-world) is a piss poor communicator and it takes days for them to respond to any communication. I should just start a case with eBay and let them deal with it.

It is going to cost $20 to send it back. The unit is only worth $30. Question is: Do I cut my losses and buy a new one or follow this through?

Comments

  1. Seriously? I would by a new one. Wasting $20 for a $30 device is just silly.
    I love mine. I am sorry you got a dead one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you used PayPal, then I would start a dispute. I bought a DVD from eBay and I was told it was region free. It was region 1, so I couldn't play it. I messaged the seller twice or three times, got no repsonse, so lodged a complaint and left negative feedback. Only after that did I get a response from the seller via the PayPal messages. It would have cost about $40 to send it back to the US by registered mail, so I decided not to worry. Not long after I was told I could Google my DVD player model number and get an unlock code. I did and I can now play the DVD. Then 6 months or so after, I get a request from the seller from eBay to cancel the negative feedback, so we could both have a 100% rating.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And so I Begin...

Monday seen the beginning of a new chapter in my career at my employer. I have commenced working in my new position as a Driver Trainer/Test Crew on the Waratah Train Project. This is an exciting time and something that I have wanted to do since the project was announced a few years ago. I am currently undergoing training and learning all about the new trains, which means working day work. This is normally a bad thing for me as I am not a big fan, but so far it's not been to bad. I am very excited as to what the future hold for me in this position. - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Favourite Photos - My Wedding by @DrueyJay

Even though my wedding was in March I will never grow tired of looking at my wedding photos. Recently one of my best friends Drue (who was one of my groomsmen) uploaded some photos that were taken using his camera on the day.  Even though the professional shots were good, I think nothing beats the other angle. I think that is the right term to use. (please correct me if i am wrong) I refer to what is happening in this photo. Whilst we are looking towards the professional photographer a photo has been snapped to capture the moment from a different angle. The photo captures exactly the same things as the professional shot such as our smiles, background and the pose but how another person is seeing it.  Thankyou so much to Drue for these photos and being a part of our special day.

Sunset Panorama

Sunset Panorama Originally uploaded by Squeakaz A beautiful end to a day that turned out to be not so beautiful. After a hot morning and then a wet afternoon mother nature turned on the colours for a beautiful sunset. From what I read on Twitter not everyone was fortunate to see this. So here it is. Enjoy :)