Skip to main content

Squeakaz and iPhone 4

A lot of people have their own idea, opinion or story about the iPhone 4. Most of them I have read centre around lining up for an iPhone to ensure that they are one of the first to receive one. Most of the morning of the launch day (July 30th 2010) alot of tweets were bagging out people who lined up. They were also focused on bagging out the iPhone 4. I have now noticed that some of those who were bagging it out have now either purchased or ordered one.

If you don't already know I love doing early morning shift. And since this is the case my "body clock" seem to like to wake up at around the 3am mark even if I'm on a day off. This day was going to be no different.

After lengthy discussions with my minister for finance It was decided that I maybe able to obtain an iPhone 4 as long as the cost of my plan did not rise. I took this into consideration and headed out the door at 0445hrs in the morning with Optus Store Penrith Westfield as my destination.
I am not one who normally lines up for anything like this but because of all the hype about lining up for products I though I would see what it was like. This is the first time I have done it and will be the last time I do it.

I arrived at Westfield to join one person who was already lined up. As time went on the conversation flowed and we were joined by another 2 people before being let into the shopping centre at 0550hrs.

As we lined up outside the Optus Store the line continued to grow as approximately 100 people were all waiting for the opening time of 0700hrs. Once the store opened it was not what I expected. Very calmly and in an orderly fashion, the line stayed together and entered the store. It was nothing like what you see on TV at the Apple store or at the Boxing Day sales.

I was in and out within 20 minutes, being the first person to walk out of the Optus Store Penrith with an activated iPhone 4 and a free bumper case.


It is very fast and responsive compared to my previous iPhone - iPhone 3G and even though I remained with Optus for my carrier the speed of the network has significantly increased. Alot of people say it is because everyone has converted to Telstra, and to that I say good. More network for me.




For those of you who are going to say "You stayed with Optus Blah Blah Blah", to you I say it is my choice and I will continue to whinge if I am not happy with the service/network reception I receive.

Comments

  1. What's the iphone4 like? Would you recommend it for a first time iphone user? My mum is considering buying one but I myself have held off and bought a blackberry instead because of the complaints I read about the battery power and the touch screen being too sensitive? Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The battery in the iPhone 4 is better than the previous versions. It lasts about 50% longer depending on usage. I have not heard of any screen problems except for "fat finger syndrome" where people get frustrated because they keep hitting the wrong letter.

    The reception issues or "antennagate" as it called now does exist but is not an issue for me. all depends on how you hold the phone. This problem is not unique to the iphone 4, it happens accross the board on other smart phones aswell.

    I would rate it 9/10 and would recommend it to anyone.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favourite Photos - Jellybean Pool

Trying a little positive note. Here are a few photos that I took. This is my first real attempt at this type of photography. Let me know what you think.

Catching up

Time for a little catching up. Its been 2 weeks since I last posted and to be honest nothing really major has happened. Let me see... I am really enjoying my job and I am loving the shifts. It is mainly night work as we do the majority of the testing when the other trains have finished their runs for the night. This means I am sleeping during the day and surprisingly I am managing to obtain 7-8 hours sleep, even with my inconsiderate neighbours. On the new home front everything is moving along nicely at the moment. I shall have an update for my building blog http://www.squeakbuilds.blogspot.com this weekend. Our little puppy is growing fast and is currently in the rebellious teenager stage of his life. This is proving to be a lot of fun as he is choosing to ignore alot of the ground rules that have been set down for him. Here is a pic: In my previous post I mentioned that I am struggling on the night photography front. It had been a few weeks since I had gone out and taken s

Favourite Photos - Sheldon

I have 2 Favourite's this time around, and instead of doing to separate posts I shall include them in the one. Photo - Please daddy, can I have some more? Click to view photo on Flickr It took me some time to set this shot up because of 2 things. The first being trying to get the puppy to stay focused and still, and the second getting the right lighting. The sun kept going behind the clouds every time I attempted to take the shot. When it finally came back the puppy had moved. In the end I like the result. Mainly the soft background I think sets this photo and well the puppy makes it cute! Photo - Sheldon Click to view photo in Flickr This is a shot I didn't know how it was going to look when I took it. It looks completely different on the computer than it did on the LCD on the camera. At first I thought it would look like a puppy's face with the body hidden behind. then I thought it would look like a puppy laying on the grass. Instead I got what looks like a