Skip to main content

Favourite Photos - Sheldon

I have 2 Favourite's this time around, and instead of doing to separate posts I shall include them in the one.

Photo - Please daddy, can I have some more?

Please daddy, Can I have some more?
Click to view photo on Flickr
It took me some time to set this shot up because of 2 things. The first being trying to get the puppy to stay focused and still, and the second getting the right lighting. The sun kept going behind the clouds every time I attempted to take the shot. When it finally came back the puppy had moved. In the end I like the result. Mainly the soft background I think sets this photo and well the puppy makes it cute!


Photo - Sheldon

Sheldon
Click to view photo in Flickr
This is a shot I didn't know how it was going to look when I took it. It looks completely different on the computer than it did on the LCD on the camera. At first I thought it would look like a puppy's face with the body hidden behind. then I thought it would look like a puppy laying on the grass. Instead I got what looks like a puppy who's head has been detached and there is a gap between his head and body or his neck has grown to the size of a giraffe's. I am very happy with how this has turned out and the colours are tops! I thought I would take advantage of the beautiful sunny day we were having.

Whilst I'm here I want to say thankyou to D, Woo and Drue for their assistance and teachings on the topic of photography. I have learnt alot from them all and the results are starting to show. Thanks Guys! 


Comments

  1. Nawww, he's such a cute puppy! I remember when my dog was cute.. now he's just an asshole ;) I'm quite liking the use of short focal length to bring the subject right into frame while the background fades away.. very nice :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favourite Photos - Jellybean Pool

Trying a little positive note. Here are a few photos that I took. This is my first real attempt at this type of photography. Let me know what you think.

Catherine Hill Bay Sunrise

Catherine Hill Bay Sunrise Originally uploaded by Squeakaz This morning was an eventful one at by far the best location I have shot yet. It was all going well until 'SPLASH', bye bye camera. Thankfully the memory card survived but unfortunatly the camera not to good. Hitting a rock on the way down then completely submerging itself (tripod and all) for approx 5-10 secs. The things we do to get that one good shot!

New Neighbours

This last week has been really crappy for me. I seen and read some things that were well to say the least hurtful and not too nice at all. Today made me feel a little better, when we met our soon to be neighbours. For those who don't know we are currently building a new home. All the info can be found on my building blog http://www.squeakbuilds.blogspot.com We popped by this morning to check out the progress and we were lucky enough to meet our new neighbours. I don't think they will cause us much trouble and they even get along with our puppy. It is a relaxing feeling to be building in a semi rural area and have this sort of thing at our doorstep. So peaceful. Heres a pic of our new neighbours.