Skip to main content

Its that time of year - Safety Competition

Yesterday was my employers annual safety competition in which I was lucky enough to compete. The morning started of with a hearty breaky of bacon and egg rolls. Over Breakfast with D and Woo, Woo showed me her new lens and explained how it works. An impressive piece and, some excellent shots were captured throughout the day by her. After that the day went into full swing!

There were various displays from all the different areas of my employer and also some of the suppliers/ companies that my employer has alliances with.

The idea of the day is to put our skills into practice against other people in various competitions and also to broaden our knowledge on safety. The day also allows us to have a chat to others that are from many different areas and learn about how their job has an impact on mine or vice versa. I can say I came out of yesterday more knowledgeable.

The competitions I entered into were :

Train Faults and Failures - T Set
Waratah PPP Project Safety Quiz
Operational Safety Quiz
Fire Safety Management
    My Results were as follows :

    Train Faults and Failures - T Set:
    3rd Individual fastest time for drivers.

    Waratah PPP Project Safety Quiz:
    Silver Medal and Prize of an LED torch

    Operational Safety Quiz:
    Got into the finals but not much further than there.
      Fire Safety Management:
      Gold Medal and prize of a Digital AM/FM Clock Radio with
      Gold MedaliPod dock








        Woo and D also gained some positions. Woo got Bronze Medal in the Waratah PPP Project Safety Quiz and D got Silver Medal in the Operational Safety Quiz.

        Troy receives his second award..
        Me receiving my Gold Medal With the CEO and Minister for Transport
        Photo by Woosang
        I met up with Anita in the morning and we seen each other through out the day but as we were in separate comps most of the time it was a quick hello and then move on. Here is some pics of Anita playing fireman.




        Comments

        1. Hahaha, look at you proud as punch receiving your medal from the minister/agency head. You even put on the clean uniform ;-)

          ReplyDelete

        Post a Comment

        Popular posts from this blog

        Favourite Photos - Jellybean Pool

        Trying a little positive note. Here are a few photos that I took. This is my first real attempt at this type of photography. Let me know what you think.

        Catherine Hill Bay Sunrise

        Catherine Hill Bay Sunrise Originally uploaded by Squeakaz This morning was an eventful one at by far the best location I have shot yet. It was all going well until 'SPLASH', bye bye camera. Thankfully the memory card survived but unfortunatly the camera not to good. Hitting a rock on the way down then completely submerging itself (tripod and all) for approx 5-10 secs. The things we do to get that one good shot!

        New Neighbours

        This last week has been really crappy for me. I seen and read some things that were well to say the least hurtful and not too nice at all. Today made me feel a little better, when we met our soon to be neighbours. For those who don't know we are currently building a new home. All the info can be found on my building blog http://www.squeakbuilds.blogspot.com We popped by this morning to check out the progress and we were lucky enough to meet our new neighbours. I don't think they will cause us much trouble and they even get along with our puppy. It is a relaxing feeling to be building in a semi rural area and have this sort of thing at our doorstep. So peaceful. Heres a pic of our new neighbours.